For many of us, Easter baskets are synonymous with a sugar high (and the inevitable candy crash that follows). The Easter Bunny is famous for piling his baskets high with cream-filled chocolate eggs, sugar-coated marshmallow animals, jelly beans and other treats that would make our dentists cringe. Candy isn’t the only item Easter baskets can contain, however. This year, go for a different approach and fill baskets with creativity-inspiring treats. Try these sugar-free basket stuffers, and let the games begin!
- Personalized spring stickers. Your kids will go crazy for stickers featuring their names and sunny new spring designs. Try decorating hard-boiled eggs with stickers for a creative alternative to dyeing them.
- Sidewalk chalk in bright colors. After the annual Easter egg hunt, continue the fun with a sidewalk decorating party, creating colorful murals that wash away easily. You can even make your own sidewalk chalk with just a few materials from the craft store.
- Coloring books. Choose an exciting theme that suits your child’s interests and include a box of crayons.
- Classic games or toys such as jacks, pick-up sticks, jump ropes or playing cards. They’re small, affordable and will provide fun for years to come.
- A small flower pot and a packet of seeds. You can plant the seeds together and wait for the beautiful flowers to bloom.
- Personalized puzzles. Your child can piece together a vibrant 20-piece puzzle and reveal his or her name written in a unique setting, from under the sea to up in the clouds.
What are your bright ideas for Easter basket fillers? Let us know in the comments section below.
You must log in to post a comment.